Friday, April 22, 2011

A Good Friday Post

It has rained twice this morning. It has let up now, but I can't help but think it a fitting start to this Good Friday. As important as Easter Sunday is, it wouldn't be possible without Good Friday. So thankful am I for my salvation and the sacrifice that made it possible!

1 Peter 2:24
Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.



The cross was two pieces of dead wood; and a helpless, unresisting Man was nailed to it; yet it was mightier than the world, and triumphed, and will ever triumph over it.
-Augustus William Hare

Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone but in every leaf in springtime.
-Martin Luther

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Beautiful little girl she is:)

    Thanks for following my blog...I'm returnin the favor:)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I feel like people get so caught up in the "holiday" aspect of it, we forget what we are celebrating! Thanks for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, for following my blog. I am following yours as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts, thanks for the reminders! Thx for the follow, following ya back. Your girls are adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well put, Summer! I always think it's so fitting when Good Friday is grey and gloomy, but oh I yearn for the sunshine and joy that comes with Easter Sunday! Happy Easter, isn't it so wonderful that He is risen?!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!